Join the French Village Fire Department for the excitement, tradition, and sense of family.
We enourage all prospective members to review the information on this page before submitting the interest form to help you decide if this is the right opportunity for you. When you are ready to move forward, please fill out the inquiry form. We are excited to see you are interested in starting your journey with us!
Minimum Qualification for Firefighter Candidate
- 18 years of age
- Provide a valid driver’s license
- Provide valid vehicle insurance
- Must be able to pass a police background check with no felonies
- Must be able to pass a drug test
Duties and Responsibilites
Under Supervision of Officers, Members in this classification are responsible for:
- Prevent, contain, and extinguish fires
- Assist in rescue and evacuation of victims in extreme conditions
- Assist in emergency medical situations as per licensure
- Clean and maintain equipment, apparatus, vehicles, and facilities
- Assist with fire prevention activities and fire drills
- Assist with fire safety inspections and pre-incident planning
- Participate in public education activities
- Respond to emergency and service calls
Firefighter Job Description
- The Firefighter shall demonstrate a compressive knowledge both practical and technical as it pertains to the Firefighter’s job. The firefighter requires competency while being part of fire ground operations, various rescue operations, and EMS situations. General use of common sense and the ability to remain calm during an emergency incident are necessary.
- The Firefighter shall be civil and professionally conduct their self.
- The Firefighter shall act in the best interests of the citizen and/or the patient at all times.
- The Firefighter must be proficient in the use of all tools and equipment that are necessary to mitigate a particular incident and show good knowledge of the techniques explained in the Fire Department standard operating guidelines.
- The Firefighter should be receptive to training, either new or refresher
- The Firefighter should display discipline while performing their duties
- The Firefighter shall demonstrate the ability to work with fellow Firefighters as a team. They should be able to cooperate.
- The Firefighter shall demonstrate the ability to operate and drive Fire Department apparatus at any time under any conditions. They shall adhere to Department standard operating guidelines related to the operation of Department vehicles.
- The Firefighter shall demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Fire Department’s rules, policies, and SOGs and adhere to them.
- The Firefighter should be mindful of their personal appearance and demonstrate concern for the same.
- The Firefighter shall show proper respect to all members of the Department and to all they come in contact with regardless of their economic or social status.