If you are interested in becoming a member with the French Village Volunteer Fire Dept then please fill out the form below. This form will send a email with your information to the Chiefs and the Captains. From there you shall recieve either a Email or Phone Call or both from one of the officers from the fire dept
1. The out of district firefighter is defined as living more than five (5) miles outside of the French Village Fire Protection District boundaries
2. The potential firefighter will have to go through all the necessary procedures as any other potential firefighter will go through to become a probationary firefighter.
3. The process is as follows.
A. Fill out an application
B. Meet all minimum qualifications as defined on the application.
C. Have a criminal background check performed by the Fairview Heights Police Department.
D. Have background check performed by FVFD personnel.
E. Must pass a drug test paid for by French Village Fire Protection District.
F. Have a department physical completed on the appropriate years paid for by the FVFPD
4. The probationary firefighter will have to attend all appropriate Monday night trainings, during his/her probationary period. And continue to do so after probationary period is completed.
5. The firefighter will have to obey all Rules, Policies and Standard Operating Guidlines set by the Fire Chief.
6. The firefighter will have to put in a minimum of 48 hours a month at their assigned stations.
7. Each firefighter progress will be reviewed by the Fire Chief.
Meetings EVERY Monday Night at 7pm
Every Wed for those who work 9a til Noon
New Member Interest
Thank you for being intereted in joining our department.
The French Village Fire Dept is a Volunteer Orginaztion. We currently have 22 sq miles to cover running Fire And First Responder to our Community. We also do recieve paid by call benefits if you fall into the yearly set criteria. Also we do offer all the training you may need to do the job as a Firefighter/First Responder (EMS).