Retired Apparatus/251-a 1940's.jpg

Previous | Home | Next


1946 Chevrolet Front Mount Pumper
Straight 6 gas motor
Standard 4 speed Transmission
500 Gallon per Minute Barton-American
Front Mounted Pump
500 gallon Water Tank

This was the first engine purchased by the department.
It was also the first truck built from the ground up by
Towers Fire Apparatus

This started a long standing relationship with Towers
and the French Village Fire Department that continues
to this day!

The truck was rebuilt in 1952 after a devastating accident that
claimed the lives of 2 members

In-service from 1946 to the early 1980’s when it was sold to
a private collector.

Was destroyed in the Great Flood of 1993 while in storage in
Valmeyer IL